EECS Project Objectives
The EECS project will produce an integrated campus card solution, which will be exploited by the partner SMEs. This is a highly ambitious goal achievable through state of the art research and the careful partnering of Research and Technological Development (RTD) performers and SME partners. Typically, access to such research capability is confined to the multinational organisations. The EECS goals are, therefore, ideally suited to the FP7 Research for SMEs program.
The core technological ambitions of the project are to:
- Facilitate the interoperability of campus systems and basic functionalities, including the transfer of student information and access to a range of fundamental campus services for students.
- Develop an information transmission interface that will translate information stored on one campus card into a common format based on European standards.
- Facilitate the secure authentication of information transfer between educational institutions.
The EECS project objectives are as follows:
- Research the current and potential European campus card market, current available card system technologies, current standards and existing third party IP in order to establish a set of campus card system standards that will lead to new technologies and products, facilitating interoperability and student mobility between European Higher Education Institutions as envisaged by the Bologna Declaration and the European Campus Card Association.
- Research and design modules for an EECS prototype, to include card management, client application interface, data exchange and information transmission systems, to provide interoperability between card systems and facilitate information transfer between European HE Institutions.
- Build and Test a full working EECS prototype, including the core modules of card management, client application interface, data exchange and information transmission systems.
- Develop a Marketing and Dissemination plan to inform potential customers of the new campus card system and to allow the SMEs to exploit the project results by increasing product awareness and generating sales leads for the partner SMEs.
The project will fulfil the main objectives of the Bologna Declaration by promoting mobility by overcoming obstacles to the effective exercise of free movement of students and academics.
© European Education Connectivity Solution (EECS) All Rights Reserved